Wednesday, September 20, 2006

6pm rules AGAIN!

6pm rule works!!

i had some problems getting myself to sleep initially..tossed around for a while as really wasn't used to sleeping on a close-to-empty stomach. had always thought tricia can never go to sleep on an empty stomach..but i kind of overturned that belief.

it can be quite a struggle, i must confess. looking at the nice plate of veg and whitemeal bread in the kitchen was agonising. but at least i got to drink my protein whey when i got home as my muscles were hurting big time and i spinned really fast to get home in 41mins from farrer park to cck. that was the reward for myself. new personal best. 8mins to get from farrer to spe..meaning from spe home took me 33mins. usually i would have taken 35mins.

the effect of 6pm rule: i woke up at 4am all ready to go bike..only to remember i'm not biking today. suppose to do 7km run and weights instead. hence after pinching some steamed cake, i went back to sleep till 6am.

6am: popped out of bed feeling fresh and went for my run. wow. i haven't been running on wkday mornings for a while now..it's actually quite tough to get my engine going.

managed to do 7km run and 3 sets of wts in the morning.. not bad!!

will stick to my 6pm rule for now... hopefully i'll wake up feeling fresh tomorrow too. =) brick training!

teng is getting serious with dieting too..now she's doing bfast n dinner yoghurt..lunch as per normal. wow. i better buck up too.

i'm now 1st swimmer in lane 1 for shifu's swim. though andy and i are pretty on par, i managed to keep the lead throughout. my arms were freaking sore after training yesterday. it was aching big time! i seriously lack power/strength for my swim. pulling deeper as iggy has instructed, makes it even tougher. i was observing vincent swim when i swam next to him during 50m sprint..as i was too tired to make my arms go faster, i just concentrated on pulling deeper and harder..and i could see him using more strokes than i did. we ended about the same time. =)

iggy taught me to work with the water than fight water. he taught me how to "catch" water with my feet. he taught me how to feel the water. thanks, grandmaster!!

tonight's lifesaving. got to go down abit earlier to observe the bm test going on.

ours up in november..i made a typo in my previous entry. bm test is tentatively scheduled early nov.

taking half day tomorrow to do some last minute shopping for kk trip.

putting the everyday routine aside..KK here i come!!!!!!

No comments: